Thursday, November 29, 2012

Everything on Sticks

It's been a week of family and food (and there's really nothing better than that!). Yet with my toddler who is getting progressively harder to entice with food, I'm always on the lookout for new things to get her excited about eating.

My mom is an artist, and therefore always seems to have random tidbits throughout the house that inspire Zara to do something new.

So
My mom came up with the idea of putting pieces of food on colorful or decorated plastic toothpicks (if your kid has a leaning towards violence this is not the trick for you). I found as long as the food was in manageable pieces and looked colorful and appetizing, it worked really well. I have pictures here of turkey, cheese and grapes. Maybe I'm behind the game with this suggestion, but it worked and we are back on the eating train...for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment